Saturday 13 January 2007

The Early Years

Lets see... Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The growing years proved to be a breeze for me bcuz in those days,it was not as stressful as what the students of today are facing. We were more interested in how good we were in imitating our favourite guitarists of the era, rather than concentrate on how to 'graduate' and leave the school for good...hehe.. We were loathed by the teachers for our lack of interest in our studies, but we were highly sought after when the need arised for a stage performance in any school concert. I did not attend any music class nor was I involved in the school band. Instead, the passion for guitar was soo deep, I literally self-taught myself to play one. In the process, I got closer to Bai(this guy initially did not know how to play any instrument), who ended up as my bassist in our newly formed band.Despite that, I was also active in soccer and got involved in most of the school's concert events.
Meanwhile,over the years,Bai and me got closer and he got better in his bass. We even worked together @ Raymond Music for a good number of years. Finally,with some frenz,namely,Rafi(drummer),the late Syed Kassim(also known as Arab,vocalist) , Bai (bassist) and myself(lead guitarist) were talent spotted by Shahnazron(a local songwriter who wrote Warisan Wanita Terakhir by Teacher's Pet) and INSPIRASI was born.After the formation, we went on to enter numerous band competitions,eg. Clash of the Bands in 1990,winning 1st runner-up.Little did we know that the steps we took proved to be fruitful when...
Read on.....

No comments: